Yes, the Niagara School of Health Care has been registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities since 1992 and therefore is accredited.
Any facility that employs PSW’s such as Long Term Care facilities, Hospitals, Home Care agencies, Retirement Homes, Hospices, Adult Day Programs, programs for the mentally and physically challenged, private duty etc.
Yes, the tuition is tax deductible and students will be provided with a T2202A form to use for income tax purposes.
Registration is done by appointment only. Therefore you must call the office number on the contact page to book an appointment. Should you get the voicemail, please leave your name and number and we will return your call as many times our phone lines are busy while we answer other caller.
- Canadian Photo ID with birthdate (i.e. drivers license, passport)
- Non-refundable registration fee of $100 (which is included as part of the tuition)
- Grade 12 diploma or transcript (if applicable and if not you must be prepared to write the mature student literacy test)
If you do not have Gr. 12 but you are a mature student (applicants 18 years of age or older) then you must have the equivalent of Grade 10 standing at the general level in English and write a Literacy Test administered by the school.
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $100 (which is included as part of the tuition).
- All students must complete a WSIB approved Standard First Aid Course and level “C” CPR (Basic Rescuer) before they can begin their clinical placements.
- Students must provide themselves with a white uniform and appropriate footwear for clinical placements.
- Purchase required textbooks on first day of school
- Police clearance certificate including Vulnerable Sector check. This must be completed before beginning the practicum. Application forms provided at time of registration.
- Up to date immunizations and certification by a physician that they have had a negative “2 step” Mantoux test for tuberculosis that is current within 6 months. Medical form provided at time of registration.
Yes. We are able to provide a custom tailored bridging program to staff within a facility who need to upgrade. Please enquire for details.